*Beginning July 1, 2014 all fingerprinting services will be conducted through FieldPrint.
Vendor / Contractor Background Clearance Procedures
Florida statute requires all vendors, contractors, and sub-contractors of Gilchrist County School District to undergo FDLE/FBI Level II Fingerprint background screening. The district will not hire, retain, or engage in a relationship with anyone convicted of the crimes identified by, but not limited to Florida Statute 1012.465. In addition, Florida statute 1012.32 states, “persons subject to this subsection found through fingerprint processing to have been convicted of a crime of moral turpitude shall not be employed, engaged to provide services, or serve in any position requiring direct contact with students”.
Convictions that will result in disqualification.
- Child abuse, Assault, Battery, Neglect or Abandonment
- Adult Abuse, Neglect or Exploitation of Aged or Disabled Person
- Extreme violence (aggravated assault, aggravated battery, murder, and manslaughter attempted murder)
- Hate Crime
- Sexual Offense (including lewd and lascivious behavior, indecent exposure, sexual battery, incest),
- Pornography, Kidnap, Removing child beyond state lines with criminal intent
- Possessions of guns or weapons on school grounds, or within 1,000 feet of a school
- Robbery, Felony Grand Theft
- Sale of a controlled substance, other felony drug offenses
- Vehicular homicide
- Prostitution, Solicitation of prostitution
- Resisting arrest with violence
- False Imprisonment
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor
- Aiding in an escape
- Encouraging another to join a gang
- Introduction of contraband in a correctional or detention facility.
Convictions that will likely result in disqualification if the offense is less than 10 years old.
- Felony battery or assault on a law enforcement officer, teacher, etc.
- Possession of a concealed weapon
- Grand theft (Misdemeanor)
- Assault, battery
- Felony domestic violence
- Misdemeanor drug and/or paraphernalia possession Sale of alcohol or tobacco to a minor
- Multiple arrests
The Gilchrist County School District will accept verification of fingerprint clearance through the Florida Shared School Results database (FSSR). All fingerprinting for the district will be conducted by FieldPrint. Appointments for fingerprinting should be made directly through Fieldprint. For specific instructions on making an appointment for fingerprints please click here. The fee for vendor fingerprints is $86.50.
Effective July 1, 2013 Florida House Bill 21 became effective. This legislation creates the requirement for a uniform, statewide identification badge to be worn by non-instructional contractors when on school grounds. The badge signifies that the non-instructional contractor has met the screening standards set forth in s. 1012.467, F.S.
FieldPrint will issue identification badges to all vendors, upon clearance. There is no initial charge for the badges. Badges will expire when fingerprints expire.
Fingerprint results will remain in the FSSR database for a period of five years from date taken. At the end of the five year period fingerprints will automatically be purged from the FSSR database, and vendors/contractors/sub-contractors will be responsible for having another set of fingerprints taken and for the fingerprinting fee.