Welcome to all of our students, parents, and teachers! Bell Middle/High School has been rated in the top combination middle/high schools in the state! In addition, BM/HS has earned a "B" school grade under Florida's school grading system, and has been on the honor roll for 17 years. Our faculty and staff are excited about this school year. There will be a continued emphasis on student achievement as students continue to take state End of Course Exams (EOCs) and FSA. The rigor and expectations are increasing as students and teachers are expected to meet new requirements by the state in reading, math and science. Please feel free to stop by and talk about your child’s progress or concerns you have about our school.
Our Vision and Purpose
The vision of Bell Middle / High School is that student growth is not an option; it is an expectation. Decisions and strategies are designed to promote our vision and purpose. Student growth is a measurable outcome that we invest in. At BHS, we believe that:
- All students can learn.
- The school environment should be a positive and safe environment.
- Students should be provided with a supportive and challenging learning environment.
- Every student is a person of worth and should be provided with opportunities to become responsible, productive learners and members of society.
- Students should be actively involved in producing quality work.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional strategies and assessments.
- Students should be active participants in their own learning in order to realize their full potential.
- Improved instructional, research based, reading strategies and practices can provide students with increased reading comprehension and performance.
For information regarding our School Improvement Plan, please visit www.flsiponline.org.